Thursday, February 27, 2014

A brief update followed by praise for Carol Berg

Past time to update my blog. I have nothing fantastic to say about my own pursuits in the writing arena, though I am starting back on a project with a co-writer that was dropped in process due to another collaborator leaving our team. We now have permission from the person who left to proceed, so it's on again. Wish me luck on that. I figure we are about half way through and he wants to publish in 6 months. I really need this. Fingers crossed!

So, lame as that was on my own writing progress, I do want to mention a new love of mine--author Carol Berg. I can not say enough good things about her and her writing. Her world crafting is expert. Her stories compelling. I hate reading first person stories as a general rule. Very few authors can hold me when it comes to first person, but Carol Berg does it with ease. She makes me forget what tense the writing is in, and I am immersed in the world. I have read her Collegia Magica series and am in the process of finishing The Lighthouse Duet series. I can't wait to read more.

If you love Fantasy, get this woman's books! Seriously. You will thank me. Just as I thank her for putting her words down on paper and sharing them for the reader's enjoyment. If I could dance and shout here to grab your attention, I would do so. Read her stuff! You won't be disappointed.

http://www.sff.net/people/carolberg/

No comments:

Post a Comment